16 bikini detox pure organic food




Gallery: 16 bikini-friendly foods
Why detox?
We are exposed to toxins every day and a build-up can affect our neurological, immune and endocrine (hormone) systems. The most common offenders are air pollution, food additives, pesticides, alcohol, cigarette smoke and heavy metals.
When large amounts of toxins are consumed over a long period of time, health issues arise. By following a detox diet you reduce the toxic load and enable the body to function more efficiently. Detoxing simply requires a little discipline and a fridge full of nourishing foods.
This plan consists of a preparation week followed by two full weeks of detoxing.

Week 1: Preparation

Planning is the key to success. Go shopping and get ready for the next two weeks.
In week one, start weaning off caffeine and alcohol. If you drink two cups of coffee a day, reduce it to one or every second day. This early stage is aimed at limiting potential withdrawal symptoms that vary from a light headache to migraines, nausea and low energy levels. Start to up your water intake.

Foods to include
  • Fresh vegetables: broccoli, carrots, snow peas, cabbage, asparagus, sweet potato, onions, celery, artichoke, beetroot, spinach and swiss chard
  • Sprouts: mung beans and alfalfa
  • Fresh fruit: blueberries, strawberries, apples, passionfruit, pear, pineapple, kiwifruit, mango and all citrus varieties
  • Nuts and seeds: unsalted raw almonds, brazil nuts, cashews, pecans, walnuts, and pumpkin, sunflower, sesame and chia seeds
  • Gluten-free grains: brown rice, millet and quinoa
  • Legumes: chickpeas, kidney beans and lentils
  • Soy: tofu and tempeh
  • Protein: fish, eggs, chicken, turkey and lamb
  • Beverages: filtered water, herbal tea, green tea, unsweetened organic soy, rice and almond milk
  • Extras: tamari sauce, sea salt, pepper, cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil, apple cider vinegar, flaxseed oil, organic honey, tahini, almond or cashew spread

Foods to avoid
  • Grains containing gluten: oats, rye, triticale and wheat (white/wholemeal breads, wheat pasta, spelt, couscous)
  • Protein: beef, pork, shellfish, bacon, sausages and preserved meats
  • Dairy: milk, yogurt, cheese and butter
  • Sugars: sweets, chocolate, jams and fruit spreads
  • Processed items: canned foods, packaged foods, frozen foods, chips and breakfast cereals
  • Refined foods: white rice, white breads, biscuits,  cakes and pastries
  • Fast foods: hot chips, burgers and fried treats
  • Beverages: alcohol, coffee, black tea, soft drinks, cordial and commercial juices
  • Extras: table salt, margarine, polyunsaturated spreads, peanut butter, commercial dressings and sauces, artificial colours, flavours, additives, flavour enhancers and hydrogenated fats

The bikini detox must-dos
  • Drink at least two litres of pure water each day
  • Eliminate alcohol
  • Choose organic wherever possible. Onions, broccoli, kale and cabbage are top vegetables for cleansing. They help the liver convert toxins to harmless substances to be excreted out of the body
  • Exercise daily

Useful tips
  1. Start the day with a glass of freshly squeezed lemon juice in water. This enhances digestion and liver detoxification. Don’t throw out the peel; the nutrients in lemon zest further promote liver detoxification. Add the zest to salads, cooked quinoa or fish.
  2. Sip on green tea throughout the day. It will help manage coffee withdrawal plus provide the body with antioxidants to help neutralise toxins. Green tea does contain caffeine, but it’s only a small amount and the benefits outweigh the minimal caffeine levels.
  3. Add fresh herbs to meals, especially coriander. This delicious herb has a unique detoxifying action and goes particularly well with stir-fries, fish and salads.

Did you know? Chewing each mouthful of food 10 to 12 times improves digestion and allows you to feel a sense of fullness without overeating.

Week 2: Detox

Welcome to the first week of your new and improved eating plan. Pack your meals with the fresh and healthy ingredients you bought in week one. Your new mantra is “avoid processed food”. Think about everything you’re putting into your body. Will it help you fit into your bikini or not?

A typical day would look like this:

BREAKFAST: Cooked quinoa topped with pumpkin seeds, flaked almonds and blueberries plus half a cup of almond milk, and green tea
SNACK: Seasonal fruit and a white tea.
LUNCH: A big salad with any vegetables you like. Try a rocket, sprouts, snow peas, onions and celery salad with grilled organic lamb and tahini and lemon dressing. (Lamb is recommended as it is generally chemical-free and grass-fed.)
SNACK: Homemade hummus with a selection of vegetable sticks, and green tea.
DINNER: Grilled salmon seasoned with fresh herbs and lemon juice accompanied by steamed greens and sweet potato mash.

During the first week of the detox, your body should start releasing the built-up toxins into your bloodstream. Unfortunately the more toxins that currently exist in your tissues, the more likely you are to suffer from the following symptoms:
  • Headache
  • Tiredness
  • Muscle and joint pain
  • Flu-like symptoms
  • Stomach cramps
  • Wind pain
  • Diarrhoea
  • Skin eruptions

Although these symptoms are common, the majority of cases are generally mild. Hang in there – these will pass by the end of the week.

Eating clean and detoxifying meals in week two can result in a weight loss of between one and two kilograms, depending on the individual. Your exercise levels are crucial this week, too. Get out and walk, take the stairs or get moving.

Detox cheat sheet
  • If your sweet tooth is nagging, try: frozen grapes – nature’s lollies
  • If you’re craving chocolate, try: cacao nibs, otherwise known as “real chocolate”
  • If you’re desperate for coffee, try: roasted dandelion root – this is a good liver-friendly substitute
  • If you’re craving carbs, try: a cup of cinnamon tea. Cinnamon helps to regulate blood sugar levels and consequently dampens the need for carbohydrates
  • If you want a snack, try: baked sweet potato chips. Slice, bake in the oven at 230ºC for 20 minutes. Season with sea salt

Week 3: Final countdown

By week three you should be much more comfortable with the diet and will probably be starting to feel the benefits. Any early withdrawal symptoms should subside and, as they do, you will have more energy, improved concentration, keep avoiding processed foods. Make sure you’re drinking plenty of water and exercising as much as you can.

This week try:
  • BREAKFAST: a hearty vegetable omelette with tomato, mushrooms, spring onions, capsicum and zucchini, and green tea
  • SNACK: 20 mixed raw nuts plus peppermint tea
  • LUNCH OPTIONS: Roasted seasonal vegetable, quinoa and black bean salad
  • SNACK: Sliced pear with almond spread
  • DINNER: Chicken and seasonal vegetable stir-fry with snow peas, asparagus, red onion and carrots. You can indulge in some kitchen creativity by using fresh garlic, ginger, coriander and tamari soy sauce to add some bite and depth of flavour to the meal
Tip: Get juicing. The colour you’re looking for is green as the chlorophyl in these juices acts as an efficient detoxifier once it enters the blood.

Coconut and avocado smoothie

Serves 1

If you’re having trouble getting in lots of fruit and vegetables, try this antioxidant-rich smoothie.
  • 330ml coconut water
  • ½ avocado, diced
  • ½ ripe banana, sliced
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tbsp organic honey
  • A few mint leaves (optional)

Pour coconut water into a blender and add the diced avocado, sliced banana and lime juice.
Add the honey and coconut oil. Blend for 1 minute.
Add a few sprigs of fresh mint according to taste (optional). Blend for a further 1 minute or until ingredients have a smooth consistency. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy.

Post detox

Hopefully, you will feel so revived you won’t rush back into your old eating habits. Make a conscious effort to continue these clean- eating principles. By all means, enjoy a cup of coffee or a glass of wine, just don’t overdo it. A good rule to live by is 80/20: 80 per cent wholefood, 20 per cent indulgence. Dust off that bikini and hit the beach this year as a healthy, cleansed, lighter you.

2 comments:

  1. I have long felt a special connection with Herbal Medicine. For one thing is natural, Charlie we went to the same small college in Southern California — Claremont Men’s College — though he dropped out and ultimately enrolled at the Julliard School of the Performing Arts in New York. Had he stayed at Claremont, he would have been a senior the year I started there; I have often kidded that I was the reason he left when he finds out I had herpes. So my life have been lonely like hell all day I couldn't bear the outbreak pain, Tasha then introduce me to Dr Itua who use his herbal medicine to cure her two weeks of drinking it. I place an order form him and he delivers to my post office then I picked it up and used for two weeks all my sore was healed completely no more outbreak I'm honestly telling you this man is a great man, I trust him and his herbal medicine so much I'm sharing this to show my appreciation also to let sick people know there is hope with Dr Itua Herbal Made Medicine.Dr Itua Contact Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com,Whatsapp.+2348149277967
    He cures.
    Herpes,
    STROKE.
    Hepatitis
    H.P.V TYPE 1 TYPE 2 TYPE 3 AND TYPE 4. TYPE 5.
    HIV
    SYPHILIS.
    Liver/Kidney Inflammatory
    Epilepsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Bladder Cancer,Colorectal Cancer,HPV,Breast Cancer,Kidney Cancer,Leukemia,Lun,Fribroid,Infertility,Parkinson's disease,Inflammatory bowel disease ,Fibromyalgia, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you

    ReplyDelete